Before and After
GK Wood Restorer applied to an Oak Beam
Product in use
Images from - All Reach Cleaning Services, Wood Restorer Applied to various surfaces
GK Wood Restorer™ is easy to use and restores wood to its natural tones, removing greying caused by UV and weathering. Can be used on internal & external timber. Safe on joints it will not degrade adhesives; it is ideal for use on windows, sheds, fences, decking and all outdoor wooden furniture. It is fast acting and quick drying.
After cleaning the fresh warm wood colour is restored. Surfaces can be treated or painted once dry.
GK Wood Restorer™ is easy to apply along damp wood grain by brush, spray, or roller. It should not be allowed to dry out, we recommend working on 2m lengths at a time to avoid drying out. If it does, rehydrate by spraying with more product.
Leave to work for 30 minutes, agitate with a stiff brush and rinse. Repeat as necessary until wood is bright & clean.
PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS & BENEFITS
- Use on exterior or interior wood as a cleaner and restorer.
- Good for softwood and hardwood garden furniture
- Liquid formulation – no messy gels to clear up.
- Easy to apply and rinse.
- Neutral pH of 7 so safe on many substrates
- Safe on delicate surfaces
- Non-invasive on any substrate
- Fast acting
- Low odour
- Average coverage 4-5m² per litre
Always test on a small area of the surface to check compatibility and performance before working on whole area.
Always carry out a test area to ensure the finished result is acceptable.
DO NOT DILUTE - GK WOOD RESTORER™ IS SUPPLIED READY TO USE
- Dampen the timber (not wet) prior to application.
- Apply generously to all exposed sides ALONG the wood grain by brush, spray, or roller. DO NOT allow to dry out.
- Work on 2m lengths at a time to avoid the product drying out.
- If it dries, rehydrate by spraying with more product.
- Leave to work for 30 minutes.
- Agitate vigorously with a stiff non-metal brush dampened with water.
- Rinse thoroughly removing any residue.
- Repeat as necessary until wood is bright & clean.
The wood is now ready for sanding and applying preservative treatments to limit further UV or weather damage.
RECOMMENDATIONS & LIMITATIONS
- GK Wood Restorer™ will remove some surface coatings if any remain use an appropriate remover.
- Use a suitable grease/oil remover to disperse oil stains.
- Do not use pressure washers to clean the wood prior to using GK Wood Restorer™.
- Keep children and pets/animals away until process is completed, and surface is dry.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- Avoid contact with metal fixings as discolouration/damage may occur.
- In the case of accidental spray on metal; remove immediately with water.
Remove as much product as possible from application equipment and clean tools and equipment with soapy water after use.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
For Health & Safety instructions, first aid measures, spillages, and disposal instructions, see separate Health & Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Store securely. Shelf life 24 months from date of manufacture in the original unopened container. Keep in a dry place between 5ºC and 30ºC.
Product Data Sheets