GK Invisible Stone Sealer is designed to penetrate, seal & protect natural stone & concrete paving.
Virtually invisible once applied, it allows the stone to "breathe" whilst protecting it from all manner of substances, such as cooking & engine oils, grease & fat, food, ketchup, mustard & beverages such as tea, coffee & wine. Ideal for protecting against the excesses of summer barbeques!
GK Invisible Stone Sealer has been developed using a short chain per-fluorinated polymer technology and is a major step forward in stone and concrete sealers. Suitable for internal and external use.
Providing a waterproof, breathable, transparent, durable seal which can be used on all natural stone including polished concrete and sensitive materials like honed granite and marble as well as block paving.
Always test a small hidden portion of the substrate before use, to ensure the result is satisfactory and to *calculate consumption.
The surface should be clean, dry and free from dirt, soiling mould and algae before applying. Treat any algae/mould and lichen using GK Pro, GK Fungicidal Solution or GK Greener Kleener.
The ideal application temperature should be between 10°c and 30°c.
Suitable for internal as well as external use, GK Invisible Stone Sealer is water-based so is highly environmentally friendly.
This product is ready to use - do not dilute. Shake the container before use. Always test a small hidden portion of the substrate before use, to ensure the result is satisfactory and to help calculate actual consumption.
· Ensure the surface is thoroughly dry and dust free before application.
· Apply a generous even coat with a brush, long pile roller or low-pressure spray to saturation point. One coat should be sufficient for surfaces with low porosity. Mop up any excess product during application to ensure Invisible Stone Sealer is applied evenly across the surface. Excessive product left on the surface will dry leaving a patchy or milky finish.
· For more porous surfaces apply a further coat once the first coat starts to soak in. The second coat MUST be applied ‘wet on wet’ DO NOT ALLOW the surface to dry in between coats. One to three applications are recommended. This method provides deeper penetration.
· Remove excess product with a clean microfibre cloth from the surface to avoid dirt pickup.
PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS & BENEFITS
- • Penetrates and seals providing a high level of protection
- • Allows the substrate to breathe
- • Invisible once dry does not alter the appearance of the surface
- • Excellent repellent of oil, grease and water
- • Superb anti-stain properties with a strong resistance to dirt and grime
- • Restricts moss growth, algae and other natural contaminates
- • Water-based formula ensuring safer to use whilst being hard wearing and long-lasting
- • Environmentally friendly
- • 100% water-based - No toxic substances
- Coverage(approx): Up to 40m²
- *Natural stone varies in levels of porosity, on more porous stone the coverage may be less and more product will be required.
- GK Invisible Stone Sealer is unable to work if applied over non-absorbent surfaces. Do not apply to non-porous materials. Do not apply to painted surfaces or those that have been previously treated with silicone sealants or other water-repellent material.
- Do not apply if rain is expected within 4 hours or before the surface is completely dry.
- Do not apply during rain or frost and when the surface air temperature is <5°c and > 30°c.
- Surfaces should be maintained using our range of cleaning products, GK Pro, GK Greener Kleener or GK Concentrated Fungicidal Wash.
- Dirt contamination should be removed immediately to prevent it from drying and becoming difficult to remove, especially on hot days.
- Dark substrates get much hotter than lighter-coloured substrates. Any oil or grease stains
- should be removed using GK Oil Out.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
For Health & Safety instructions, first aid measures, spillages and disposal instructions, see the separate Health & Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Product Data Sheets